Cream Cheese Cookies


CREAM CHEESE ORANGE SLICE COOKIES COOKIES
COOKIES
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • Beat cream cheese and butter together until well creamed.
  • Add sugar and blend again.
  • Add flour, orange peel and soda.
  • Mix well.
  • Shape into a log.
  • Chill 30 minutes.
  • Cut 1/4 inch slices.
  • Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 15-18 minutes until edges begin to golden.
  • Cool on rack.
DIP
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon orange liqueur
  • In a small saucepan melt melt chocolate chips, orange juice and orange liqueur together until smooth.
  • Dip 1/2 of each cookie into the chocolate mixture.
  • Cool on wax paper until chocolate mixture hardens.

Tamy

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Temptress! :P

I love a citrus flavored cookie... and then you go and dip it in chocolate! You're killing me here :)

Sandra said...

What did I ever do to you that you have to tempt me like this? LOL

I really need to go make these now...but I'm trying so hard to loose weight.

Anonymous said...

WOW! These cookies really look great!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I really want to make these.

Mercedes said...

I love anything with cream cheese! These look and sound scrumptious!