Show & Tell Friday


“Show and Tell Friday!” Do you have something special to share with us? It could be a trinket from grade school, a piece of jewelry, or a treasured collection. Look around your home for something to share; dig through those boxes in your closet if you have to! Share photos and the story that goes with your special item. Go see Kelli at There is No Place like Home to link up and join in.


This is the first piece of Princess House crystal I ever purchased and the only one I have left. Only God knows how it survived the 1994 Northridge earthquake (nothing else did) and 3 moves since. In it are the shells that I have collected with my cousin Jenn throughout my life from the Galveston, Texas Gulf Coast. She and I neither one live there now, but do still have friends and family in the vicinity. As Hurricane Ike approaches, it seemed like a good day to share this item.
final blog signature.

6 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

That's a lovely display of your collection of shells.

Praying for all those in the path of the storm.

Forgetfulone said...

If Galveson wasn't under water right now, I'd drive down there (30 miles south) and get you something to add to your great collection. Very pretty!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That's a lovely display!

Manuela

Kathy said...

What a pretty piece! Sea shells are always wonderful to decorate with!
Kathy

Carla said...

I'm planning on displaying our shells some way soon, and I very much like your idea. We too are keeping all in our prayers.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hi Tamy....That is a beautiful jar and it looks great with the seashells.