MARSHMALLOW CARAMEL BALLS & GARLIC AU GRATIN POTATOES


MARSHMALLOW CARAMEL BALLS
1 cup butter
1 cup eagle brand condensed milk
54 Kraft caramels
Large Marshmallows
Rice Krispies
  • Melt the butter, milk and caramels in a large double boiler.
  • *Dip each marshmallow in the caramel mixture.
  • Immediately roll the caramel covered marshmallow in the rice Krispies.
  • Place on wax paper.
  • Refrigerate.
*It's easier to use sucker sticks.

These can also be dipped in melted almond bark for an out chocolate coating.

GARLIC AU GRATIN POTATOES
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons butter
2 pounds potatoes, washed, and sliced thin
1 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/4 cup VERY hot water
1 heaping teaspoon Better than Bouillon Beef Base
  • Preheat oven 400 degrees.
  • Grease baking dish and then dust it with the garlic powder.
  • Dry the potatoes on paper towels.
  • Layer the potatoes and cheese alternately finishing with a layer of cheese.
  • Whisk together the hot water, beef base, salt and pepper.
  • Gently pour the beef mixture over the potatoes, coating them evenly.
  • Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Head on over to Joy of desserts to join in on Vintage Recipe Thursday.
final blog signature.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

Tamy I regret to inform you that I am going to have to stop reading your blog.. you see I joined weight watchers again and well, your posts just make my belly growl and make me want to Cheat so badly! I mean... marshmallow CARAmel BALLS??
I will miss u Tam! xoxo

Renee said...

Wow - both of these recipes sound tasty! Hope you're having a great week.

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Two delicious recipes, Tamy. I like condensed milk too much. I will have to make this recipe. Au gratin is one of my favorite methods. Kids will eat most any vegetable prepared that way.

Unknown said...

I am all over those marshmallow caramel things!!!! yummmmmm

Anonymous said...

The marshmallow caramel balls are calling my name. YUM.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Great recipes. I'll have to go check out this meme.

Allen said...

Both recipes sound delicious!