1 3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 JUMBO eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup safflower oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 cup strong hot black coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat Bundt pan with PURE.
- Dust the pan with cocoa. Using the cocoa instead of flour will not leave a white residue on your cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add buttermilk, brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Whisk in the hot coffee until well blended, the batter will be quite thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes or so and then invert on plate and let cool completely.
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
1-2 tablespoons buttermilk, or low-fat milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and maple extracts and enough of the buttermilk to make a thick but pourable icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the top.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Tuesdays at the Table is normally hosted by Andrea over at My Chihauhau Bites, but Andrea is taking a break and it is being hosted by Cole at All the Small Stuff for a while. Tempt my Tummy Tuesday is hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Vintage Recipe Thursday is hosted by Joy at Joy of desserts and Favorite Ingredient Friday is hosted by Overwhelmed with Joy.♥ ♥