What do you make for dinner when nothing sounds refreshing enough?BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS with ASPARAGUS and GARLIC HERB BUTTER SAUCE
1 pound large fresh sea scallops
1/2 pound bacon (not too fatty)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
2 tablespoons safflower oil
Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, vinegar and pepper in small bowl.
- Pour over scallops and marinate in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Wrap each scallop with 1/2 strip of bacon. Keep together with toothpick or put 3-4 on each skewer.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until cooked through and bacon is crisp. I would normally broil them, but MIL's broiler decided to quit on me.
2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic, jar
4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small skillet cook garlic in butter over low heat until garlic is golden.
- Put in blender or food processor.
- Add mayonnaise and pepper; process until smooth.
- Great on ALL fish and vegetables!
- Place water in the bottom half of a steamer pan set. Add salt and butter, and bring to a boil.
- Trim the dry ends off of the asparagus. If the spears are thick, peel them lightly with a vegetable peeler.
- Place them in the top half of the steamer pan set.
- Steam for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus, or until asparagus is tender.