2 large cans crushed pineapple, drained, but save the juice
2 cups pineapple juice
2 JUMBO eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sugar
*2 cups vanilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over a medium heat whisk the sugar into the pineapple juice until dissolved in a medium saucepan.
- Next whisk in the eggs until well blended.
- Gradually add cornstarch and cook until thick. Watch closely, it will burn quickly.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with PURE.
- Spread pineapple pieces evenly along the bottom.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the pineapple pieces.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with a layer of marshmallows.
- Return to the oven for a few minutes until marshmallows are golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
- This is great leftover and re-heated.
Crush vanilla wafers and place on the bottom of the baking dish.
Slice the bananas and layer on top of vanilla wafers before the pineapple pieces.