I just love a good sale! I ran across boneless skinless chicken breasts the other night in family size packages for $1.59 a pound. I don't know what chicken is selling for in your neck of the woods, but here that's about a $3-$4 a pound savings here and they are gorgeous, big and plump. For the two of us this will make 6 meals! Now I just have to come up with 6 new recipes. This is the year I promised myself to clean out my "recipe" files and not make recipes I've already tried. Hubby is being an awesome 'guinea pig'!PINEAPPLE ORANGE RASPBERRY BBQ CHICKEN with CARAMELIZED ONIONS
4 tablespoons Alessi raspberry blush vinegar
2 tablespoons Grandma's molasses
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tangelo or orange, juiced
6 ounces pineapple juice
1 large Vidalia Onion, sliced into things rings
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper chicken generously.
- In a large leak proof container layer chicken and onion rings loosely.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour over chicken and onions.
- Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight, turning every 30 minutes or so.
- Drain off marinade, but retain.
- Dry onions well with paper toweling so they will caramelize.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- When hot, saute onions until translucent and browning.
- Push onions to the outer edge and saute' chicken pieces.
- When chicken is a few minutes from being done, add in drained marinade and cook until thick glaze forms and the color caramelizes.
- Serve over homemade egg noodles.