4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
2 tablespoons butter, softened
4 thin slices cooked ham
4 thin slices swiss cheese***
1/2 pound bacon (8 slices)
2 jumbo eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon minced garlic, jar
1 teaspoon oregano
- Flatten chicken breasts.
- Spread butter evenly on the tops.
- Smooth garlic evenly amongst the 4 breasts.
- Sprinkle the thyme evenly between the four breasts.
- Top with a slice of ham and then a slice of cheese.
- Roll up tightly.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each one and secure with toothpicks.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour in another shallow bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, oregano and cheese in a 3rd shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture first, then the flour, then the egg mixture again and the crumb mixture last.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Don't forget to remove the toothpicks before serving.
*For really easy servings, I lay the bacon on the cookie sheet and cut the flattened breasts in half. On top of 1/2 of the bacon strip lay a chicken piece, top as directed and then lay the other chicken breast. Bring the other 1/2 of the bacon slice over the top and bake as directed. NO ROLLING AND NO TOOTHPICKS!***I also use Muenster or Gruyere if that is what I have on hand.