~ We hate soggy French Toast and this recipe conquers that~
8 slices thick white bread
1 1/4 cup milk
5 egg yolks
1/8 cup flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Toast bread, but not browned.
- Preheat griddle and coat with a small amount of butter.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, milk, salt, vanilla, butter and cinnamon.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture into a baking dish.
- Soak bread pieces for a few seconds on each side.
- Grill for several minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.