THE ULTIMATE OLD FASHIONED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Chocolate chip cookies were one of the earliest recipes I began making on my own. There was always the great nut debate between my grandfather and uncle who both believed they didn't like nuts. I LOVE walnuts in my cookies and brownies and even as a child learned that there are two ways to skin a cat as my dad would say. It turns out that what I liked was the flavor, didn't really care about the actual nut one way or the other. So, I learned to "fake" out my grandfather and uncle who despite their belief in no nuts had no problem devouring a batch of my cookies! I've tweaked this recipe for years to make a larger batch and keep everyone happy.
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
3 3/4 cups flour
1 cup walnut pieces
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup golden raisins
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Using a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together.
  • Add molasses and blend until smooth.
  • Add eggs one at a time until well blended.
  • Add vanilla and maple extracts and blend until smooth.
  • Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
  • In a small food processor, chop nut pieces until a fine flour.
  • Gradually add the nuts and flour mixture until well blended.
  • Gently fold in milk chocolate chips and raisins.
  • Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
  • Bake 10-12 minutes
  • Enjoy
aprons 3

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I love chocolate chip cookies!I came across your site from the Foodieblogroll and if you won't mind, I'd love to guide foodista readers to your site.Just add your choice of Foodista widget at the end of this blog post and you're all set. Thanks!

Rosidah Abidin said...

Yummy! My family loves chocolate cookies. Thanks for sharing the recipe.