There used to be this awesome burger joint in Pasadena that gave you a piece of pie with every burger. After the burger and fries I never had room and always took my pie home with me. It was just never the same as eating it with the burger, so my new idea is to eat dinner and dessert together! Sounds reasonable to me. :) I found this great new locally made meat seasoning at the grocery store today.
BUNLESS BURGER SERIES #2 ~ CARAMELIZED RED ONION BLEU CREAM CHEESE BURGER2 1/3 pound burger patties
2 thick slices of tomato
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
Caramelized red onions
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
1 extra large red onions (about 4 medium), halved, thinly sliced into rings
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Bleu Cream Cheese Mayonnaise
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 ounces bleu cheese crumbles, room temperature
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a small food processor blend together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and bleu cheese crumbles.
- Combine ground beef, liquid smoke, salt and pepper to the meat and hand form the patties.
- Grill burgers inside or out.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter.
- When sizzling add onions and saute' until translucent.
- Add balsamic vinegar and continue sauteing until moisture has sizzled away.
- Plate burger.
- Top with tomato, onions and then cheese.
- I use the pan lid over the plate for a minute to melt the cheese.
*I like to make my own ground beef when brisket is on sale. It makes for a richer tasting beef flavor! Thank you Tyler Florence!