PORK CHOPS AND SCALLOPED POTATOES

This is a tried and true recipe good for winter or summer because of the crock pot.  Recently we were asked out for my aunt's birthday party.  At the last minute I was asked to prepare it at home instead.  What could I say but yes?  It is June in Texas though and I am miserable as my uncle believes he is freezing if you lower the thermostat below 80 degrees so I reallllllllllllllllllly didn't want to turn on the oven, but needed a "Sunday" dinner meal for company.  That is what is so nice about this recipe - it looks like you slaved in the kitchen all day, but really I plugged it in and went to an air conditioned museum for a few hours.  But, shhhhhhhh don't tell on me.  These are so yummy and they turn out super tender - you'll be able to cut them with a fork.
Insert finished picture here!  
I prepped them tonight to make tomorrow 
for a birthday dinner so we'll have to take a picture then.
4 extra thick pork chops
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper
3 large russet potatoes
1 can cream of asparagus soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 ounces Velveeta, cut into chunks
  • Melt butter in a large skillet.
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper generously on both sides of chops.
  • Brown chops on both sides.
  • While chops are browning, wash the potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch.
  • Whisk together the soup, sour cream and milk.
  • Spray crock pot with PURE.
  • Layer potatoes slices, soup sauce and cheese chunks 2 or 3 times.
  • Lay pork chops on top.
  • Cook on low 4 hours.
aprons 3

No comments: