1/2 of a rotisserie chicken pieces
1/2 pound sausage, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces and then quartered
2 celery stalks, diced
1 small Vidalia onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fresh green beans, cleaned and chopped
2 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoons parsley
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter and oil over medium high heat in a large saute' pan. Add flour and whisk continuously until golden brown.
- Add onions, garlic and celery stirring continuously for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add thyme. salt and pepper.
- Add green beans, stirring to coat.
- Add broth, chicken and sausage pieces and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes until desired consistency.
- Add parsley and stir well.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
- I coated the remaining sausage pieces with barbecue sauce and broiled them for a few minutes as an appetizer/compliment.