3-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups frozen hash brown potates
1 large can Durkee's french fried onions, divided
1 can Old El Paso green enchilada sauce
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
1 can white niblets corn, drained
1 cup grated sharp white cheddar, divided
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray large casserole dish with PURE.
- Spread potatoes along the bottom.
- Top with first half of french fried onions.
- Top with first half of cheese.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts layering them over cheese seasoned side down.
- Salt and pepper top sides of chicken.
- Layer corn and tomatoes over top of the chicken.
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir or whisk in liquid.
- Return to heat and cook, constantly stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Whisk in enchilada sauce.
- Pour over corn and tomato layer.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Ring French fried onions around the edge.
- Bake 30-45 minutes covered.
- Bake another 15-30 minutes uncovered.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes.