3-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups frozen hash brown potates
1 large can Durkee's french fried onions, divided
1 can Old El Paso green enchilada sauce
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
1 can white niblets corn, drained
1 cup grated sharp white cheddar, divided
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray large casserole dish with PURE.
- Spread potatoes along the bottom.
- Top with first half of french fried onions.
- Top with first half of cheese.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts layering them over cheese seasoned side down.
- Salt and pepper top sides of chicken.
- Layer corn and tomatoes over top of the chicken.
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir or whisk in liquid.
- Return to heat and cook, constantly stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Whisk in enchilada sauce.
- Pour over corn and tomato layer.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Ring French fried onions around the edge.
- Bake 30-45 minutes covered.
- Bake another 15-30 minutes uncovered.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes.
I participate in the following memes and this recipe may be linked to one or all of them :) Cookbook Sunday, Decidedly Healthy or Horribly Decadent, Eat.Live.Be. @ Eats Well With Others, Family Friendly Friday, Fat Camp Friday, Feed Me Friday, Food Friday, Food Trip Friday, Foodie Wenesday, Fresh, Clean, and Pure Friday, Friday Favorites, Friday Potluck, Full Plate Thursday, Fun with Food Friday, Garden Variety Wednesday, Hearth and Soul, It's a Keeper Thursday, Just Another Meatless Monday, Let's Do Brunch, Made it on Monday, Magazine Mondays, Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday, My Meatless Monday, Our KrAzY kitchen, Recipe Swap Sundays, Saturday's Party, Saturday Swap, Seasonal Saturday, Souper Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen, Sundays at One Food Club, Tailgating Time!, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, This Week's Cravings, TMS Show & Tell, Tuesdays at the Table, Vintage Recipe Thursday, What's on the Menu Wednesday, What's on Your Plate?, Wicked Awesome Wednesday