1 (13.2 oz) Pillsbury Simply Rustic French Bread, sliced in half, crosswise
2-4 slices bacon
2 JUMBO eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 slices Havarti cheese
1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar
2 scallions, finely sliced
1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Place bread halves on a lightly greased baking sheet. Slide into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While these bake, dice the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Remove loaves from oven and slice a long hole in the middle of them, lengthwise. Pull out some of the dough filling inside each loaf, creating little boats.
- Lay the slice of Havarti inside the cavity, creasing it into the edges to make a deep hole.
- Whisk together the eggs and heavy cream until well blended.
- Add the bacon, cheese, scallions, a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the filling into each loaf boat and top with grated cheddar.
- Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until set in the center and golden brown.
- Serve immediately!